Logline: In this mockumentary, a frustrated and guilt-ridden ghost hunter and his comically inept squad of investigators have one night to find evidence of the afterlife to save their cable TV show.
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
After his sponsor gives him an ultimatum, a guilt-ridden ghost hunter and his comically inept and dysfunctional squad of investigators have one night to find evidence of the afterlife to save their cable TV show.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Tough question. I would put it in the comedy/paranormal/mockumentary genre.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It shouldn’t be. It’s a TV pilot.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Spooks and goofs.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It’s been a 6 year labour of love.
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Home for a Rest by Spirit of the West.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Life got in the way, had to put the script away for almost 2 years before dusting it off and finishing it. By far my biggest obstacle was (and still is) trying to pairing down the script from 90 odd pages to 60.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Aside from my family, hockey, coaching and healthy living.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox